CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS REPORTERS CONTACT US

February 5, 2010
Posted: 2318 GMT

Hello I-Deskers...

On Tuesday, February 9th, I-Desk turns one-year-old. It's been a wild and crazy year, full of wild and crazy news stories. We definitely have our favorite, and not-so-favorite moments. But, what are yours???

Let us know, and we'll share some of them on Tuesday!

J the P

Posted by: ,
Filed under: Idesk

A. Smith, Oregon   February 6th, 2010 4:37 am ET

Congratulations I-Desk, I-Desk Staffers, CNN on a very successful international news gathering operation. I hope I-Desk looks further into the war crime disposition by Taylor fingering Rev. Pat Robertson as enabling his war crimes against the people of Liberia.

Liberian dictator during his war crimes tribunal pointed the finger of enabling at none other than Rev. Pat Robertson.

Flying out gold and diamonds illegally out of the country using Robertson's aid cargo planes? Pat Roberton's connections with a supposed Gold Mine operation as a front for laundering mass amounts of money out of Liberia?

This appears to be a huge story, I hope CNN digs deeper into this extreme corrupt business practices of aiding and enabling a horrific dictator and warlord in Liberia under the guise of religion.

Vincent   February 7th, 2010 9:21 am ET

As a matter of fact, I-DESK made a difference in international news presentation field, Congratulate CNN on this great achievement.

Muthyavan.   February 7th, 2010 6:23 pm ET

It is another success story of CNN in bringing International attention to many bad and good news of the last year. Congratulation and wishing I-desk for many more years of success.

Thot   February 7th, 2010 8:33 pm ET

To be honest, in the first week of I-Desk I totality hated it. Too fast, too many graphics.
It got me me a few weeks to get to used to this new news format. Besides having Hala daily on I-Desk would meant Hala was of of Inside the Middle East, which made me sad.
But know I'm totality for it. The speedy way that it goes suites Hala personality and her on screen presence. I've noticed the I-Desk team & Hala have tried to give it their personal beat through out the show. It's great that they try different ways to present the show, on and off studio, and the different camera angles make it specially and unique.
So good luck and keep on getting creative on delivering the news on a unique and special way. For the all I-Desk team. Thanks.

Cara   February 8th, 2010 12:12 am ET

I thought the Idesk coverage from Port-au-Prince was really good, especially since it must've been a complete headache to get all that organized.

In terms of moments, I thought it was really funny when Guillermo took Hala with him to the weatherscreen.

I love Idesk!

My only criticism: I don't think Isha is getting enough credit for her great work on Idesk. I love Hala, no question about it, but it would be fair to at least MENTION Isha on the blog and/or in some of the Idesk commercials. I'm not sure this is up to anyone in the Idesk team, but I just wanted to see that.

Other than that, I'm hoping for many many more years of I-desk!

Biruzz   February 8th, 2010 3:40 am ET

You have a great show. Dont let it just become another news show with one hour live coverages of some politician or banker. Short and concise. The MJ burial was you giant bubu.

The coverage on haiti was mesmerizing. Painful to watch because of the tragedy's reality but yet very enduring in showing human faith.

What I like about Idesk, there are genuine signs of compassion and concern when the news is delivered. You really dont find it in most news shows anymore. Most news shows are going for that headline grabbing caption but with no real substance.

The bad part or the part that i dont appreciate is that whenever there is a tragedy whether natural or otherwise, the death toll is always mentioned or is being guessed right away. This should stop.

Kashif Ali   February 8th, 2010 1:20 pm ET

Dear Hala & I-Desk Team!

Hope you all are feeling good,

I regularly watch your show and like the program. I would like you to report on existance of BLACK WATER in Pakistan. The last time Richard Hallbrook visited Pakistan, he admitted of Black water existance in Pakistan whereas the local security agencies are denying it continuously.

Your input in this regard would really help to build few opinions

Regards,

Kashif Ali

Karachi, Pakistan.

nimitz benedicto   February 8th, 2010 2:52 pm ET

Hala Gorani makes it the best.

Wishing y'all a successful 2010 ~!

omid   February 8th, 2010 4:55 pm ET

for me watching to idesk is different from others . from last year these days i started watching cnn as a mean for learning english and afew weeks later i was attracted by this daily show . writing down everydays news into papers and then listening to them from tv has helped me alot . and now not only this program has turned into one of my favorite programs but i have a complete collection of 2009 news . thank u Hala and thank u I- deskers.

Pol Henrotte   February 8th, 2010 8:14 pm ET

Dear Hala Gorani, Dear Isha Sesay, Dear Idesk Team,

I'd like to congratulate you for one year of outstanding work, great reports, great moments & more ...

With this show, CNN has created one year ago a new flagship for its whole new news format! With this news show people around the world get informed first of the essential facts and then of the details of a story.

The POWER of the Idesk are the two talented anchors, Hala&Isha, who know how to handle correctly with different topics and they always show that they're well informed what they're talking about.

Furthermore, the live reports create a very important part of this show;
they illustrate the viewers different views on a story, which is very very important!

Last but not least, the whole Idesk Team, including the brilliant camera team who make the Idesk /MOVE/ ... without the great camera movements, the Idesk would not be what it is!!!!!

AGAIN, for all the team: WAY TO GO--

And the Idesk goes beyond bordersđŸ˜‰ -> Atlanta -> London-> Paris ...

The story I will never forget, are the Iran demonstrations after the elections...this was and is still a very sad story-watching how human rights are treated with contempt-unacceptable...

Best,

Pol Henrotte
LUXEMBOURG
@luxembourg1991 (twitter)

Juliana Alexandria   February 9th, 2010 12:11 am ET

I've spent a lot of time thinking about my favorite stories, but they are so many. I guess that's good, right? It means that you're doing a great job, cause everybody is having trouble choosing.

What I like the most about I-Desk is that with just 1 hour with get completly informed about everything. You're not just telling the story, you're showing us it's impact. We get to see every angle of it.
The variety os subjects keep things interesting.

I love the opening of the show, the walk and the "on the move" camera that catches some very interesting Hala moments. That is so cool!

I-Desk reflects Hala's personality, wich it's great, and terrible, cause everytime she's off I feel like CNN is torturing me (no, I'm not being dramatic) even if I like the anchor that is filling in for her.

The week in Haiti was amazing. Hala's reports were very toghtful and emotional to me.

I don't like the long live speeches and pronunciations, I know that's important, but can you keep it short?
I also don't like the "just one subject shows" or "specials", there's only so much we can take.
Hated London too.

Obviously the highlight of the year was Hala reading my tweet, that was special for me. I love the way we can interect and be a part of the show.

If I-Desk ends I would die (now I'm being dramatic).
Every friday I think that this is the last I-Desk, cause Hala is such an adventuress. I aways think that she will move to a war zone or something. Hope not.

I-Desk is my favorite show and Hala is my favorite anchor.

The show is serious, but fun.

What I want for the future? I-List Brazil, Hala in Brazil.

Happy one year anniversary!!

Juliana Alexandria

Caxias do Sul, Brazil.

Margie   February 9th, 2010 2:56 pm ET

I have a story that has not been told, and I am trying to get a major new agency to cover it. A 12 year old Pakistani maid aka slave was tortured to death by her employer. He is a powerful Lahore attorney who bought her from a middle man.

I am so surprised that someone at CNN has not covered this important story. I am attaching the link from the NYT article

Margie Vines

Abugbire Evans   February 9th, 2010 4:09 pm ET

I am from GHANA and I will like to congratulate CNN STAFF for a good work done. I do not miss I .desk, it is very informative and educative.
CNN is the best media house in the world

Rados K   February 9th, 2010 8:22 pm ET

Congratulations to the whole IDesk team, producers, gallery, reporters, Isha and most of all Hala. You've been my favorite CNN anchoress since your London days and everything you've done at CNN has been great. I loved Biz News/CNN Today with Questy, then weekends in Atlanta followed by YWT with Jim and now solo on IDesk, of course ITME during all these changes. You're smart, objective and unbiased, charming and you're not afraid of showing a your funny side and personality.

I love the fast pace of IDesk, music is groovy and makes me wanna dance, camera shots are great and exciting, Guillermo has great chemistry with Hala and we always count on them to make us laugh at the end. Mark is also the best Atlanta sport anchor so it's great he's on IDesk the most.

I can't say I have a favorite topic you covered, Haiti, Iran and all other stories have been covered well and I even praise your MJ coverage since it was the biggest story back then and definitely impacted a lot of people.

I don't want to forget Isha, she's also doing a great job and is proving her talent with great reporting and traveling to Iraq and Africa. But I think CNN needs to bring back more double anchored shows since you're the best at this so I wish Isha would co anchor that early hour of IDesk with Jim or Jonathan. I miss Your World Today.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

Moeletsi   February 10th, 2010 2:49 pm ET

hello there everybody,

i love idesk but do not watch it much these days since it changed the time slot. that's ok nevertheless. i'm on course re-arranging my times as well.

congratulations anyway on turning one year old. it so happened that i watched the last half yesterday, and saw Hala read a comment from another idesker about some funny moment when Guillermo(please excuse my spelling if its wrong) took Hala to the weather screen. i missed that episode and am dying to watch the clip.

please post it somewhere and let us know where to find it.

keep it up.

RAJIV(pintoo)   March 12th, 2010 4:56 am ET

Halla,Hi its my education & brought up that whenever i think i find my self in limits of Humanity.So i would like to hear from you on summon to Gujrat CM.Concern? When then President Mr.BILL CLITON came India he was associated with American based Gujarati bussinesman.Its matter of cocern to international community.Its matter of social justice as media is regularly saying consiprancy.May be International level.So i would like yours experts on this sensitive issue where a person of CM domain is not taking his responsibilities. Regard.

Ammari   March 8th, 2011 1:42 pm ET

Hi Hala,
how wonderful u're, too much pretty, i learned a lot from your english and accent sinec your program have your say...

great ....

Leave Your Comment

Comments are moderated by CNN, in accordance with the CNN Comment Policy, and may not appear on this blog until they have been reviewed and deemed appropriate for posting. Also, due to the volume of comments we receive, not all comments will be posted.

About this blog

International Desk brings viewers into the heart of the largest news gathering operation in the world. Viewers don't come here to watch the news; they come here to be immersed in it. To feel the rush of being the first to know what's happening as stories break, and to leave knowing they've gotten the best and latest information available. The show airs Mon-Fri at 1900 CET.