CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS REPORTERS CONTACT US

October 21, 2009
Posted: 1833 GMT

Hey there, everyone...

There have been several big stories at the I-Desk this week. Some of you have already commented on our Facebook page - which, if you're not a fan of, you really should be. Just search: CNN I-Desk.

Anyway, we want to get your take on this week's big stories, which seem to have huge implications. Among them:

1. Afghanistan runoff election - The newly scheduled November 7th runoff pins President Hamid Karzai against his main opponent, Dr. Abdullah Abdullah. Right now, Mr. Karzai holds a relatively large lead over Dr. Abdullah. Of course, the outcome of this election could play a pivotal role in the future of the war efforts, in that country. What do you think will happen? And, what do you think the U.S. and NATO forces should do, in response to the election? Or, even, before the election?

2. Iran nuclear deal - It's a story, which broke earlier on Wednesday. Details of the proposed deal are still being worked out, and everyone needs to completely agree on them. But, essentially, the deal could lead to a brand-new relations between Iran and the West. Do you think Iran will abide by the deal? What do you feel will come of the negotiations?

3. H1N1 vaccines - The much-anticipated vaccines are now being given to healthcare workers in Britain. Some people in China, Iraq and several other countries are also receiving the "swine flu" vaccine. But, others are skeptical that it'll work. What are your thoughts? Do you plan on getting the vaccine? If not, why?

Those are just a few of this week's big stories. Feel free to comment on these, or anything else you've seen at the I-Desk.

Thanks!

Filed under: Afghanistan •Comments •Iran •Swine Flu

KSF   October 22nd, 2009 10:01 am ET

I will not be getting vaccinated. H1N1 is not a serious flu virus, and the media-induced global panic about it should make most people think twice or three times about getting the shot.

Joey Geraldine Hynes   October 23rd, 2009 1:05 am ET

I am interested in a follow up of the use of heroin injections in foreign countries. I am promoting the use of methadone ever since I learned of its value after my son died of an overdose of heroin. My son lived until 45 years old. He was a handsome 6ft. 3 Irishman. I loved him very much. I found out from doctors about methadone. I am researching the good and bad of it. I am doing a documentary to inform people of what I know. It feels like a crime that the public really is not informed of its benefits so that they can make informed choices. I want to go to Europe to explore the legal use of heroin. If you know more about the story please let me know. Sincerely, Joey Hynes, joeyghynes@aol.com.

Ana   October 23rd, 2009 11:34 am ET

I really do not know where to post thi scomment but I want to say SHAME on CNN for not broadcasting in the US the huge gasoline tanks that has exploded in Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is an American territory so why has it not been broadcast on air or online? There is a suspicion that it might have been a terrorist or malicious act; but never the less it is an environmental disaster. Do you all choose how to panic the public? Wait choose the planes but not this? Shame on you!

Jack Quann- Dublin, Ireland   October 25th, 2009 8:51 pm ET

It's interesting how the world and governments are reacting to this pandemic -most (including the Irish) seem to be taking it very lightly. Obama seems to have the right idea by declaring an emergency & trying to get it under control ASAP. Although it's fair to say it should have been done earlier. But all the same people are dying, yet not enough action is being taken. Why is it only when thousands are killed by wwapons and conflicts that attention is paid?

SAI THARUN   October 26th, 2009 9:53 am ET

I THINK IN MANY COUNTRIES THE H1N1 VACCINE HAS BEEN INTRODUCED IN A HASTE. I DONT THINK IT HAS BEEN CLINICALY TESTED FOR ANY LONG TERM COMPLICATIONS.

nimitz benedicto   October 30th, 2009 10:28 am ET

the Polanski affair is a well disguised ploy to free him from jail. just like what they did in rescuing that convicted dude in Bangkok. They pretended he was the guy who kidnapped/killed that little girl. The US state dept ordered Thai authorities to extradite him to the US. Voila! he's free. And so it will be with Polanski.

Leave Your Comment

Comments are moderated by CNN, in accordance with the CNN Comment Policy, and may not appear on this blog until they have been reviewed and deemed appropriate for posting. Also, due to the volume of comments we receive, not all comments will be posted.

About this blog

International Desk brings viewers into the heart of the largest news gathering operation in the world. Viewers don't come here to watch the news; they come here to be immersed in it. To feel the rush of being the first to know what's happening as stories break, and to leave knowing they've gotten the best and latest information available. The show airs Mon-Fri at 1900 CET.