CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS REPORTERS CONTACT US

September 4, 2009
Posted: 251 GMT

A Florida couple claims they didn't find soda in their can of Diet Pepsi.  Hala Gorani and Nicole Lapin took a look at what they found:

Who's telling the truth?  Chime in on the amphibian mystery!

Posted by: , ,
Filed under: Idesk

Clarence   September 4th, 2009 2:58 am ET

Funny story...good to see a funnier side of Hala.

Clarence   September 4th, 2009 3:02 am ET

And btw, those two girls are mighty fine. DELICIOUS!

vic benedicto   September 4th, 2009 10:12 am ET

its amazing few people know/believe, sugar in colas "really" do more damage to cola drinkers than imaginary frogs. hehehe

gideon macharia   September 4th, 2009 12:05 pm ET

Hala seems sceptical...i honestly dont think the couple made that up........after all pepsi is capable of anytging didnt they burn MJ's skull? go figure
gideon from kenya

Caroline   September 4th, 2009 12:51 pm ET

haha 🙂
how in the world could a sludged frog end up in a can. How would it get into in the factory, and then somehow get sludged to be able to fit into that can. Someone I know had an insect in her deepfrozen vegetables, and then the factory explained it must have flown in through the door without anyone noticing.. Still stounds far-fetched, but more credible than this frog thing..

Clarence   September 4th, 2009 1:30 pm ET

To Gideon: Really, you think Pepsi is capable of anything. It sounds like you enjoy conspiracy theories. Everytime one of these food horror stories becomes news, it's later shown to be a total fabrication. And Hala seems skeptical of this crazy couple!

Tyrone W.   September 4th, 2009 1:31 pm ET

A frog in a pepsi is just plain crazy! Man I love Diet Pepsi, I just can't get my day started without it.

Sasha Konstantinov   September 4th, 2009 1:36 pm ET

I moved to United States in 1979, and one of best things about this country is so much soda. Even back in Russia something like this never happened. I don't know who to believe. But very good job to Hala and Nicole for showing such interesting story.

Sujan   September 7th, 2009 12:04 pm ET

the frog soup in a pepsi can is like a wooden jwellery what we manufacture, seems coke is smuggling all the laugh,

Jack Quann -Dublin, IReland   September 8th, 2009 3:25 pm ET

Well, I think I'll be pouring all my canned drinks into a glass from now on!

Pesky Bradley   September 9th, 2009 10:29 pm ET

Talk bout the opposite of kissing a frog and poof a prince appears!! Maybe it was tadpole and had to drink all that pepsi to survive and it exploded inside the can. Very interesting that it can be a "50/50" of ( or even greater) chance of being an hoax.

Julz   December 1st, 2009 4:20 pm ET

While my husband tryed to open a 12-pack of Pepsi, the can exploded in his hand and cut it real deep. I think the public should be aware that the aluminum cans are very thin, that they can explode in your hands. What if a child gets hurt? Anyone out there who has had a similar experience should contact the Attorney General. I did in Missouri and they are looking into this.
Pepsi sent us coupons but how does that fix the problem...???

cleveland launcher iron   April 23rd, 2010 1:00 pm ET

Well, I think I'll be pouring all my canned drinks into a glass from now on!

Leave Your Comment

Comments are moderated by CNN, in accordance with the CNN Comment Policy, and may not appear on this blog until they have been reviewed and deemed appropriate for posting. Also, due to the volume of comments we receive, not all comments will be posted.

About this blog

International Desk brings viewers into the heart of the largest news gathering operation in the world. Viewers don't come here to watch the news; they come here to be immersed in it. To feel the rush of being the first to know what's happening as stories break, and to leave knowing they've gotten the best and latest information available. The show airs Mon-Fri at 1900 CET.