June 2, 2009
Posted: 2139 GMT
In a CNN/Opinion Reasearch Corporation poll released today, 46% of Americans say they view the Muslim world "unfavorably" versus 41% in 2002.
Here are your responses on Twitter @Halagorani:
– "Could it be that Americans are tired of being insulted by the people they have tried so desperately to help?" (P_Coleman)
– "Muslims are becoming more divided,we fight amongst each other which doesn't give the world a good impression." (Nazti)
– "We dont care about views of americans to us. We Muslims are more than one billion. And there are Muslims in america." (WazirO)
– "Media could be partly blamed on why Muslims are viewed this way..." (AndyStar88)
– "The Muslim world does not do enough to counteract its extremists. The moderate Muslim seems to be more a myth than reality." (ManOnASoapBox)
– "Because Hollywood and mainstream media in the US does't show other than that. We also lack the power of Arab Media." (AliDahmash)
– "I think Americans are looking at the constant fighting in those areas and the bizarre things such as child marriages in Saudi Arabia." (Leetchie)
International Desk brings viewers into the heart of the largest news gathering operation in the world. Viewers don't come here to watch the news; they come here to be immersed in it. To feel the rush of being the first to know what's happening as stories break, and to leave knowing they've gotten the best and latest information available. The show airs Mon-Fri at 1900 CET.