CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS REPORTERS CONTACT US

April 28, 2009
Posted: 1431 GMT

Filed under: CNN •I-Desk Poll •Swine Flu

Lori Gonzales   April 28th, 2009 5:08 pm ET

I have been living in Morelia, Michoacan for the past year. Although we have not had a confirmed case of Swine flu, out schools are closed and events that attract crowds have been cancelled; however, life is going on as normal.
I cannot help but wonder if the recent water shut downs in Mexico City contributed to the outbreak. In any case, I do not intend to leave Mexico. Historically, panic has led to a spread of contagions. Any number of factors could have contributed to the deadliness of the virus in Mexico City. So, at this point people must remain calm.

Jacob   April 28th, 2009 5:45 pm ET

Scared? No. Of course, that doesn't mean that I'm not going to want to take precautions.
As the above comment states, folk should remain calm. That and the media should, while reporting and highlighting the state of the 'outbreak', educate people properly.

Smilley   April 28th, 2009 7:52 pm ET

It's pandemic scare season. For years, we have had a pandemic warning every early spring. Frankly, I haven't been scared since both the first wave of avian flu and SARS have been pretty much empty threats.
The only thing that worries me in the back of my head is that things tend to turn sour when most people get sick of being scared and the alertness gets dangerously lax.

C. J. Brisbin   April 29th, 2009 6:00 am ET

I am in Berlin, Germany watching CNN London. They took a poll on Obama,s preformance. If they love Obama so much why don,t they move to ther US he is getting a 1- from us. Wake- up World.

felisha   April 29th, 2009 7:40 pm ET

I THINK OBAMA IS DOING JUST FINE CONSIDERING THE MESS WE ARE IN IT IS NOT EASY CLEANING UP A MESS AS BIG AS BUSH HAS MADE THINGS WILL GET BETTER AS LONG AS EVERYBODY PLAY BY THE RULES IT IS TIME TO STOP LOOKING AT COLOR AND START LOOKING TO SOLUTIONS ONLY THOSE THAT ARE NOT HAPPY ABOUT OBAMA BEING THE PREZ. WILL BE THE ONES WITH NEGATIVE COMMENTS.

ATHULA PERERA   May 12th, 2009 10:24 pm ET

GREAT JOB KEEP IT UP

kenneth eilersen   May 13th, 2009 1:01 pm ET

You should make a programme about how many sicknesses from around the world actually have its origin in china...we need to realize this in order to attack the root of the problem...

Regards

Kenneth

Leave Your Comment

Comments are moderated by CNN, in accordance with the CNN Comment Policy, and may not appear on this blog until they have been reviewed and deemed appropriate for posting. Also, due to the volume of comments we receive, not all comments will be posted.

About this blog

International Desk brings viewers into the heart of the largest news gathering operation in the world. Viewers don't come here to watch the news; they come here to be immersed in it. To feel the rush of being the first to know what's happening as stories break, and to leave knowing they've gotten the best and latest information available. The show airs Mon-Fri at 1900 CET.