CNN TV SCHEDULE ANCHORS REPORTERS CONTACT US

April 6, 2009
Posted: 1339 GMT

Filed under: Barack Obama •CNN •I •I-Desk Poll

Johan   April 6th, 2009 3:11 pm ET

Barack Obama was very clear about the mistakes the US made but i also agreed with him that Europe and the rest of the world focus too much on negative events and seem to forget the many good things the US does. The leading country in the world is involved in almost everything that happenes. Nobodys perfect, neither is the US, but Obama made clear that it was, is and will always be a great nation!

hans vanhoevelaak   April 6th, 2009 3:22 pm ET

maybe your president should be home at this time.instead of spending millions of dollars flying around the world.i would like to see canadian politicians all take a deep cut in pay to show us thay are concerned about the citizens here.maybe yours could do the same

Kostas   April 6th, 2009 3:26 pm ET

Not yet because he still use double standards for Greece and Turkey and Skopje…we all Greeks hope he will change!!!
You know how much cost the Greek taxpayers the games turkey play in the Aegean see? Everyday minimum 20 F16 fly around the Aegean to protect us, how much $$$ we spend? How much damage that fuel do to the Earth MR Green President?

I hope an strongly believe that The New US President will change and stop to be the police around the world.

Ulf Kleinings   April 6th, 2009 4:13 pm ET

Obama himself has not changed my view on the US (yet) – you always had great (and even many "greater") guys like him! The fact that the US elected him president and his approval rates are still so high up however has changed a lot – and at least over here only for the better!!!

fatih   April 6th, 2009 4:17 pm ET

I am hopeful for he future of the world as I hear president Obama's opinions and very happy to see him here in Turkey.
"Change" will happen, at least he made everyone in the world be hopeful for the future that US is the force to keep peace in the world.

Kerpentier   April 6th, 2009 4:21 pm ET

No,but he did change my mind on Amerika
And the question seen here was:
Did he change my opinion on America?

FM   April 6th, 2009 4:24 pm ET

Whoever does not see the change, may be he is pretending to be blind. Since when the President of USA tells other countries that I am ready to listen.
This applies also in our daily life. Whoever has money, never tell the one who doesnt, that talk I will listen. Its human nature! What Pres. Obama is doing is the HUGE change and everyone of us should appreciate it.
From listening, the atmosphere of tackling t problems starts from there.

federico   April 6th, 2009 4:50 pm ET

No, a carismatic president cannot change my reputation over the US in just a few months. I think he is on the right track, but it will take time before I change my overlall opinion of the country he leeds. Global terrorism, ecomic crisis, climate change negligence: this is how I still see the US.

Galih   April 6th, 2009 5:06 pm ET

Well,Everything needs time. Thats why I voted for No. Everything needs progress.. and this kind of polling comes a lil bit to early I guess..

Ifeanyi   April 6th, 2009 5:07 pm ET

I think president Obama's approach to things will greatly improve the image of the United States of America in the eyes of the rest of the world.
But i think it will be wrong for people to sit back and hope that only "One Man" can bring change to the world, only one person can cure the world of the current economic crisis. True change lies in the hands of each and every one of us in our own little way. Only then can we move forward.
That's my opinion!

Eric   April 6th, 2009 5:09 pm ET

It's not Obama's trip to Europe that made me change my mind, but the fact that US citizens chose him for president. This was already a huge step forward in itself!
Now, what's the poll supposed to mean? That 100% of Europeans were disliking the US and now only 25% remain with negative opinion. Or should I be counted in those 25%...

Vivian L.   April 6th, 2009 5:15 pm ET

President Obama, welcome to France.

Don Miles   April 6th, 2009 5:50 pm ET

President Obama, after and during the wars against Iraq and Afghanistan, is wise to emphasize that the United States and NATO are not fighting a war against Islam as Islam, but against Islamic extremists fighting a guerilla war with the United States primarily.
It is difficult to intereact on a political concept level of exchange during a war but it is a means to solutions to do so at a critical time of conflict. A foreign policy based on war limits the opportunities for dialogue. And so it is a good idea to inject openess for dialogue and a means to peace as part of a foreign policy dominated by conflict.

james   April 6th, 2009 6:03 pm ET

I think with president Obama, the u.s.a. will get his leading position back in the world, and i think also for the better of the country those republicans must pack up and go home or find other jobs like fisher men, farmers, or even security officers, because they will not just be in the senate to oppose some body that is trying very hard to fix what they have broken both home and abroad.

Debbie   April 6th, 2009 6:11 pm ET

Hello,
Why should America try and change the world? What has the rest of the world done for America? It is always how the rest of the world views America! I don't get it!!!!! What are we trying to prove, that we can take care of other countries but can't take care of ourselves? That is the question, don't you think? I know this won't get posted. I guess I am to negative and that is what you don't want to post. That's ok!

Thineke   April 6th, 2009 8:27 pm ET

No, America shouldn't want to try to change the world, Debbie, but together as one world and with a wise world-leader as Barack Obama is, we can change the world into a more peaceful planet, and cleaner 😉
With respect to other faiths, opinions and other cultures.
I feel very positive about the US since Obama's election and it kinda feels like the US came back to the world after a dark period.

Manuel Vilhena   April 6th, 2009 10:40 pm ET

No, US is a great country. A little unfair and demanding sometimes, but a great country.

yasminaspeaks@aol.com   April 7th, 2009 4:46 pm ET

Obama's election has changed the perception of the world of America. Silently the rest of the world marvels at how a the supposedly most powerful nation in the world can elect and inexperienced man to office. At how the majority of americans who voted for him condone a President that talks badly about his own country when traveling abroad. His election to the office of the Presidency marks the end of America's greatness. The rest of the world is laughing at America and cannot wait to take the spoils of the aftermath of this empty Presidency.
His first 100 days have amounted to robbing the children and grandchildren of all Americans of their future. Burdening them with debt. CNN, you should be ashamed of yourselves for behaving like a fan club, rather than unbiased journalist. It is painful to watch your groupie like behavior, and I am shutting CNN off. There are other better channels in Europe that know how to report the REAL news.

Arthur Chiphiko   April 7th, 2009 4:53 pm ET

Obama is a symbol of "change" the world needs most. All leaders should follow his gesture and achieve a peaceful world for all. He is gifted

james   April 8th, 2009 3:23 pm ET

I am angry at cnn for not reading my comments on the air, i really want to know if cnn is with us that wants America to succed or with the failures like the republicans, rush limbaugh, and the fox news that want president Obama to fail like them.

Leave Your Comment

Comments are moderated by CNN, in accordance with the CNN Comment Policy, and may not appear on this blog until they have been reviewed and deemed appropriate for posting. Also, due to the volume of comments we receive, not all comments will be posted.

About this blog

International Desk brings viewers into the heart of the largest news gathering operation in the world. Viewers don't come here to watch the news; they come here to be immersed in it. To feel the rush of being the first to know what's happening as stories break, and to leave knowing they've gotten the best and latest information available. The show airs Mon-Fri at 1900 CET.